What if … I use some sourdough starter and some freeze-dried bananas to make a banana bread loaf?
I’ll tell you “what if” - a delicious treat!
(Adapted from one I found online)
1. Preheat oven to 360F and prepare loaf pan
2. Cover & soak in water (to reconstitute)
3 freeze-dried bananas
3. Blend bananas well with
1.25 cup brown sugar
4. Blend in
1.5 tsp vanilla
1/2 c sourdough starter (discard)
6. Mix together & slowly add to liquids
2 c flour
1.5 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 c freeze-dried milk
1/4 c water (to reconstitute the milk)
1/2 c oil (I used olive oil)
8. Slowly blend milk/oil into batter mixture -
DO NOT OVERMIX
9. Pour into prepared loaf pan
10. Bake for 45-60 min (or in til done)
This banana bread was so moist and delicious .. a definite win.
I may add walnuts next time - I like having nuts in my banana bread.
I will be making a dry “recipe in a jar mix” so I can just add the liquid components. I have yet to have enough eggs to freeze-dry but the egg powder will come in so handy for so many things.
Anyway, for now: two thumbs up 👍 👍